Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Karnataka, Manipal is at the top in the list of Top Pharmacy institutes (Research and Education) released by the government of India. Subsequently, the University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chandigarh and Jamia Hamdard, is the place of New Delhi.
This is the first ever domestic ranking list released by the Ministry of Human Resource Development. The Ministry has announced this ranking under the National Institute Ranking Framework (NIRF) program ‘India Ranking 2015’. The names of Top 10 Pharmacy Institutes are as follows:
1. Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Karnataka
2. University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chandigarh
3. Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
4. Poona College of Pharmacy, Pune
5. Institute of Pharmacy, Nirma University, Ahmedabad
6. Bombay College of Pharmacy, Mumbai
7. Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi
8. Amrita School of Pharmacy, Kochi
9. JSS College of Pharmacy, Tamil Nadu
10. JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore
These rankings are announced by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, which has been started under the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) program. HRD Minister Smriti Irani was also present on this occasion. Smriti later told the reporters that it is an attempt to get the racking system out on an annual basis and add more categories so that students can know about the institute before enrolling.
Under the NIRF, the ranking of top 100 top educational institutes has been ranked in engineering, management, university and pharmacy categories. This ranking is based on five standards – teaching and learning process, research, professional practice and collaborative performance, graduation level and reach and concept.